Canada’s Capital A’s devotes this area of our Web site to those members who have passed away. Several were instrumental in the formation of our club, many attended our events and tours and all contributed much time and effort to make CCA’s what it is today.
Rene Chatelaine (on right ) receives a trophy presented by Nick Nowlton
Simone Proulx. Pictured with her husband Rheal, our most senior and valued member of CCA's.
Joe Bahro pictured with fellow member and close friend Al Cooper
John joined Canada's Capital A's in 1979. He owned a Model A which was near completion when by chance a German tourist spotted it parked in the driveway. A deal was made and the car was off to Germany with the new owner. In 1985 John accompanied fellow CCA member Don MacDonald and located a 1928 AR Roadster Pickup to add to his collection of parts which included a Model A Autotrac and a Model A snowmobile. In May of 2011 the truck was completed and on the road. John and his wife Marge enjoyed the CCA Club activities and the friendships made over the years and both were strong supporters of the club.
Pictured is John with a trailer of the Roadster truck parts in 1985, John and friend past CCA Member Stan Wade with the completed truck in July of 2011.
LUNNEY, Msgr. Leonard
(Priest of the Diocese of Ottawa)
February 6, 1933 - October 1, 2019
It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Msgr. Leonard Michael Lunney. A native of Pakenham Township, Msgr. Len spent the last few years of his life as a resident of Orchardview by the Mississippi in Almonte. He was in his 61st year of priesthood. Son of the late James and Mary (nee Ryan) Lunney. Dear brother of Al Lunney (Marlyn) of Arnprior; Larry Lunney (Francine) of Almonte and Bernadette Lunney (Bob Hilyer) of Ottawa. Monsignor was predeceased by 4 brothers: Ed (Bev of Renfrew); Hugh (Mary of Arnprior); Jim (Doris of Fitzroy Harbour) and Fr. Bill Lunney as well as 2 sisters: Rita Nugent (late John) and Clare McInnes (late Jack). Fondly remembered by his many nieces and nephews, former students and parishioners as well as many good friends. Monsignor was ordained a priest for the Archdiocese of Ottawa on June 7, 1959. He was appointed Curate at St. George's parish in Ottawa. He also worked in the field of secondary education at St. Pius X High School at that time. In 1969, he became principal of Pius where he remained until 1986. During those years, he was also parish priest at Holy Rosary parish, Ottawa, St. Michael's parish, Fitzroy Harbour and St. Gabriel's parish, Constance Bay. After leaving Pius in 1986, Monsignor became principal of St. Matthew's High School in Orléans. A year later, he was appointed parish priest at Divine Infant parish, Orléans where he remained for several years. He later became the Episcopal Vicar of the English Pastoral Community of the Diocese of Ottawa. He entered into full retirement in 2007. Monsignor Len was also chaplain for the Ottawa Fire Department and involved in the local Council of the Knights of Columbus as well as many other parish organizations along the way. A tireless worker and much beloved by his flock, Monsignor Leonard Lunney will be missed.